Donations Wish List
We are always looking for ways to maximize the impacts of your donations and ensure they get to the folks who need them the most.
We’re committed to asking only for what we need, and what will be used quickly and efficiently. This will limit the amount of items we store, freeing up space for additional programming. It will also increase our ability to put staff time and effort into matching the right donations with families.
You will see three categories on our page: Shelter Needs, Children’s Needs, and Treats. Shelter Needs include the household items we provide to families staying in shelter. These are basic, everyday items required to provide over 10,000 safe shelter nights each year. Children’s Needs include items for the children who stay in shelter or use our services, and include toys, art supplies, and other things that provide comfort and fun. Treats are…fun. Treats help lighten the load, but are not essential for care.
We will update these lists frequently so be sure to check back on this page. THANK YOU for your support and care! We couldn’t do it without you.
Please email email@example.com if you have any questions about donations.
Last updated November 20th, 2020.
Unfortunately, AWARE can NOT accept donations of clothing.
We have accounts at Alaskan Dames, Mommy-&-Me, and Tot2Teen where you can donate on our behalf. Please call before you go to find out what they are currently accepting.
When you bring your clothes to one of these locations, they will go through your bag(s) and put the items they’re able to accept onto AWARE’s account. Women and children who then come to AWARE for clothing needs, will be given vouchers to use at these locations. Thanks for your support!
For more inspiration please visit our AMAZON Wish List here.
- Heavy winter blankets
- Twin sized comforters (new or gently used, but unfortunately we cannot take down comforters.)
- Twin size fitted sheets
- Flashlights and headlamps
- Hand towels & wash cloths
- New hygiene products, including:
- Shampoo & Conditioner
- Toothbrushes (adult size)
- Liquid hand soap (individual size and refill tubs)
- Liquid hand sanitizer
- Sanitizing wipes
- Body wash
- Ice grippers for walking on the ice
- Sweets (a little chocolate or candy can bring out a smile in anyone)
- Dryer sheets
- New socks, gloves, and hats
- Soap holders/covers
- Toothbrush holders/covers
- Activity books for adults/journals
- child sized masks
- school supplies
- furniture (comfortable welcoming seating for kids and adults)
- large colorful rugs (stain resistant)
- shelving units (extremely sturdy construction as kids climb on everything)
- storage bins (with lids)
- lamps, creative lighting
- bean bag chairs
- throw pillows
- wood (lumber for building a platform)