AWARE, Inc. we have a clear vision: to be the place where a diverse mix of talented people want to come, to stay, and do their best work. We are focused on equity and we honor race, gender, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, national origin and all other fascinating characteristics that make us unique. AWARE, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
If you are interested in applying for the positions below, please send a resume and letter of interest to the staff contacts listed.
This page was last updated 1/10/2020.
Request for Proposals: Evaluation Services
The Haa Tóoch Lichéesh Coalition is looking for an evaluator to help us with grant reporting, etc. Please see Request for Proposals or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Request for Proposals: Calling all Artists!
The Haa Tóoch Lichéesh Coalition is seeking a visual artist to help bring our digital and social media campaign into physical spaces this fall. See the Request for Proposals linked here:
Email email@example.com for more information.
AWARE Shelter Relief Advocate
AWARE is hiring for a part time/as needed position within our Emergency Shelter serving survivors of domestic violence and sexual assault. This is an opportunity to work in a fast-paced, crisis-oriented agency with a commitment to collaborative, supportive services. We are very willing to train the right applicant with a strong customer service background who is wanting to transition to social services. There is potential for regular part time or full time work.
- Must be able to work shift-based schedule (Evening: 4pm-12am/Day 8am-4pm/Swing 12pm- 8pm/Overnight 12am-8am).
- **Priority will be given to applicants who can work evenings and weekends. **
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- Must be willing to acquire a CPR/First Aide Certificate
- Experience with social services (supervisory positions available)
- 1+ years of customer/client service experience
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Must have a thorough understanding of domestic violence, sexual assault and the needs of victims or the willingness to learn.
- Must have the ability to understand and communicate with people of different socioeconomic and cultural backgrounds.
- Must maintain confidentiality.
- Must support AWARE’s Philosophy: A commitment to providing options and alternatives to women and child victims of domestic violence and sexual assault, etc.
HOURLY RATE: $15.50
For more information please contact Melissa Deisen at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 907-586-6623. Open until filled
Youth Media Assistant
Duties & Resposibilities:
The Youth Media Assistant works under the direction of, and in collaboration with, the Communications Coordinator at AWARE, Inc. to support and uplift the work of the Haa Tóoch Lichéesh Coalition (HTL). Specific duties will be clearly agreed upon before starting. Tasks may include:
- Consulting and creating content for Haa Tóoch Lichéesh social media accounts.
- Video production.
- Supporting HTL partners in developing media resources to expand the reach of their work.
- Working with Communications Coordinator to develop and implement the youth messaging campaign across the community.
- Helping to develop teen friendly resources for understanding leadership opportunities and services for teens.
- Working with AWARE staff and coalition members to develop and implement trainings for youth serving organizations on the principles of race and gender violence prevention, and intersections of identities and oppression.
Required Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Familiarity with social media.
- Video production skills, if applicable.
- Must support the Haa Tóoch Lichéesh mission: Guided by the wisdom of our ancestors, we reckon with injustice and commit to healing and liberation while honoring our interdependence. Together we are imagining and creating a community free from violence.
- Familiarity with the local youth culture
- Must support AWARE’s Mission and Philosophy.
- Must maintain confidentiality
- Must pass AWARE background check.
Hourly Rate & Hours:
- 5-10 hours a week
- $12-$16/hour DOE
At AWARE, Inc. we have a clear vision: to be the place where a diverse mix of talented people want to come, to stay, and do their best work. We are focused on equity and we honor race, gender, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, national origin and all other fascinating characteristics that make us unique. AWARE, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Become a Shelter Advocate or a member of the Sexual Assault Response Team!
Did you know that on average, nearly 20 people per minute are physically abused by an intimate partner in the United States. During one year, this equates to more than 10 million women and men. Do you want to help support these people when they seek medical and/or legal assistance? Do you want to help hold their offenders accountable? If so, becoming a part of AWARE’s shelter advocacy or on-call SART (Sexual Assault Response Team) program may be right for you!
For more information please contact Melissa Deisen at email@example.com or call 907-586-6623.