If you are interested in applying for the positions below, please send a resume and letter of interest to the staff contacts listed:
This page was last updated 7/3/2019.
Currently we are not hiring for any full time positions.
SALARY: $15.50/hr. DOE, plus shift differential
- Work in a fast-pace, crisis oriented agency with a commitment to teamwork and wellness.
- Provide advocacy services and support to survivors of domestic violence.
- Aid in safety planning
- Answer crisis calls
- Be an effective communicator
- Desire to work with individuals and families who experience mental illness and/or substance abuse disorders
- Demonstrates basic computer skills
Must have high school diploma/GED. College level study or experience in social work, women’s studies,education, accounting or related field is desirable. Must have or be willing to acquire a CPR and First Aid Certificate.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to understand and communicate with people of different socioeconomic and cultural backgrounds.
- Thorough understanding of domestic violence, sexual assault and the needs of victims or the willingness to learn.
- Maintain confidentiality.
- Support AWARE’s Philosophy: A commitment to providing options and alternatives to survivors and families who experience domestic violence and sexual assault.
Email resume/cover letter to Owen Hutchinson at firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information call (907) 586-6623. AWARE is an EEO.
BECOME A MEMBER OF AWARE’S SEXUAL ASSAULT RESPONSE TEAM (SART)
Be a (S)HERO for women in your community…
Did you know that 1 in 4 women will be victims of sexual assault in their lifetime? Do you want to help support these women at the hospital when they seek medial and/or legal assistance? Do you want to help hold their offenders accountable? Is so, becoming a part of AWARE’s on-call SART (Sexual Assault Response Team) program may be right for you! You can learn more about it what it takes to be a SART advocate by registering for AWARE’s 40-hour advocacy training, offered each year in the fall (please email email@example.com for dates). Please contact Swarupa at firstname.lastname@example.org with questions regarding SART.
Thanks for helping to heal our fellow sisters on their journey towards healing and justice.
***If you are experiencing domestic or sexual violence, please contact AWARE for free and confidential services (907)586-1090.