AWARE currently has full and part-time job openings. If you are interested in applying for the positions below, please send a resume and letter of interest to the staff contacts listed:
This page was last updated 12/13/2018.
Job Title: Lead Advocate
Hours/Week: up to 40 hrs/week
Salary/Wage/Benefits: 18.05hr/ DOE plus benefits
- Oversee recruitment and supervision of relief advocacy staff.
- Responsible for creating and monitoring the shelter advocate schedule. Ensure sufficient staff coverage for shelter and respond to scheduling emergencies.
- Support the Advocacy Services Manager to maintain positive staff morale in a high stress work environment.
- Provide service management to AWARE participants.
- Rotate on-call responsibilities.
- Degree in social work, counseling, psychology, women’s studies, or a related field. 2+ years of experience may be substituted for degree.
- Basic computer skills.
- Valid Alaska Driver’s License and have/be willing to acquire a CPR and First Aid Certificate.
- Experience in the field of domestic/sexual violence and/or trauma preferred.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- A thorough understanding of domestic violence, sexual assault and the needs of victims or the willingness to learn.
- The ability to understand and communicate with people of different socioeconomic and cultural backgrounds.
- Must maintain confidentiality.
- Support AWARE’s Philosophy: A commitment to providing options and alternatives to women and child victims of domestic violence and sexual assault.
Send resume/cover letter to AWARE, Inc. by 1/2/19 to PO Box 20809, Juneau, AK 99802, fax to (907) 586-2479, or email to email@example.com. For more information contact Emma-Lily Larsen at (907) 586-6623. AWARE is an EEO.
PART-TIME AWARE Chef:
Do you love food as much as we do? If so, this job could be perfect for you!
The AWARE Chef position requires preparing dinner meals at AWARE up to 5 days per week. AWARE is offering up to 3hrs paid time for food preparation and service. Must be willing to obtain a food service worker card and comply with meal requirements for our CACFP meal program, as well as create a schedule with AWARE’s Food Protection Manager that ensures meals are prepared each day. Hours are roughly 3-6pm daily, with some flexibility.
Interested? Submit brief letter of interest/resume to Lela Stevenson at firstname.lastname@example.org, or drop off your letter/resume at AWARE, attn. Lela. Call 586-6623 for more info.
Position closes Wed, Dec. 19 but we will be screening applicants on an ongoing basis. Apply early!
Part-time, up to 15 hrs/week, $15.50/hr. AWARE is an equal opportunity employer.
Salary: $15.50/hr. DOE, plus shift differential
- Work in a fast-pace, crisis oriented agency with a commitment to teamwork and wellness.
- Provide advocacy services and support to survivors of domestic violence.
- Aid in safety planning
- Answer crisis calls
- Be an effective communicator
- Desire to work with individuals and families who experience mental illness and/or substance abuse disorders
- Demonstrates basic computer skills
- Available for the midnight-8am Sunday & Monday shifts. Other hours may be available.
Must have high school diploma/GED. College level study or experience in social work, women’s studies,education, accounting or related field is desirable. Must have or be willing to acquire a CPR and First Aid Certificate.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to understand and communicate with people of different socioeconomic and cultural backgrounds.
- Thorough understanding of domestic violence, sexual assault and the needs of victims or the willingness to learn.
- Maintain confidentiality.
- Support AWARE’s Philosophy: A commitment to providing options and alternatives to survivors and families who experience domestic violence and sexual assault.
Email resume/cover letter to Kimberly Sumner at email@example.com. For more information call (907) 586-6623. AWARE is an EEO.
BECOME A MEMBER OF AWARE’S SEXUAL ASSAULT RESPONSE TEAM (SART)
Be a (S)HERO for women in your community…
Did you know that 1 in 4 women will be victims of sexual assault in their lifetime? Do you want to help support these women at the hospital when they seek medial and/or legal assistance? Do you want to help hold their offenders accountable? Is so, becoming a part of AWARE’s on-call SART (Sexual Assault Response Team) program may be right for you! You can learn more about it what it takes to be a SART advocate by registering for AWARE’s 40-hour advocacy training, offered twice a year (please email firstname.lastname@example.org for most recent dates). Please contact Swarupa at email@example.com with questions regarding SART.
Thanks for helping to heal our fellow sisters on their journey towards healing and justice.
***If you are experiencing domestic or sexual violence, please contact AWARE for free and confidential services (907)586-1090.