AWARE currently has both full & part-time job openings. If you are interested in applying for any of the positions below, please send a resume and letter of interest to the staff contacts below:
This page was last updated 8/22/2018. We have added new positions!
AWARE is hiring a Children’s Counselor to assess needs and provide crisis intervention and ongoing support and counseling for child victims of domestic violence and sexual assault, as well as their supportive caregivers. The Counselor also provides support and assistance to our Lead Children’s Advocate in creating plans to address family challenges in shelter. The Counselor participates in Children’s Program meetings and provides clinical supervision and support for individual and group activities as needed.
Graduate degree in social work, counseling, psychology, or related field is required. This is a full time, benefited position starting at $25/hr+ DOE. To apply, email resume and a cover letter to email@example.com by 8/27/18. Contact Ellen Andrews or Mandy Cole for more information. AWARE is an equal opportunity employer.
Full-time position (40 hours a week)
$18.00/hr. DOE + benefits
- In coordination with counselors and other school personnel, provide personal safety curriculum in classrooms Pre-K-12 grade,
- Provide parent/caregiver education prior to classroom presentations, as requested by school staff
- Support counselors, teachers and school administrators in their compliance with the Alaska Safe Children’s Act,
- Collaborate with teachers and school administrators to support implementation of comprehensive health education, social emotional learning and integrating violence prevention messaging throughout the school climate,
- Assist in providing violence prevention and intervention teacher in-services, trainings and other needs as identified in the Trauma Sensitive Schools District wide plan,
- Collaborate with AWARE’s youth engagement programming.
- High School diploma or equivalent,
- Comfort with speaking to all ages about personal safety
- Must possess a working knowledge of child development,
- Must possess a working knowledge of learning/teaching styles and curriculum development,
- Must pass state and federal background checks.
- Teaching license or experience providing instruction to variety of age groups,
- Experience working in the prevention or public health field.
Email resume and cover letter by August 24th to Leah Bennett at Leahb@awareak.org or mail to AWARE, Inc., PO Box 20809, Juneau, AK 99802 or Fax (907) 586-2479. Open until filled.
For more information call Leah Bennett (907) 586-4902 or e-mail Leahb@awareak.org.
Girls on the Run & Boys Run i toowú klatseen Local Coordinator
Salary: $18/hr. DOE + benefits
• Under the direction of AWARE’s Statewide GOTR Coordinator oversee and implement Girls on the Run of Greater Alaska & the Boys Run I toowú klatseen in Juneau, and AWARE’s 9 rural communities,
• Mentor and support GOTR coaches and site liaisons in their implementation of GOTR programs, including coach trainings, data management and reporting, and quality program implementation,
• Implement Girls on the Run & the Boys Run i toowú klatseen strategic program plan and achieve program goals with respect to number of participants and number of sites in AWARE’s service area,
• Work with site liaisons and key community partners to support GOTR & Boys Run i toowú klatseen program implementation; including coaches training, CPR & First Aid, background checks, and ensure all program sites are staffed with qualified volunteer coaches in AWARE’s service area.
Please email a resume and cover letter to AWARE’s Prevention and Outreach Director Ati Nasiah at firstname.lastname@example.org to apply. Deadline is Friday, Sept. 7th, 2018
AWARE is an EEO.
For more information contact Ati Nasiah at (907) 586-4902 or via email at email@example.com
Salary: $15.50/hr. DOE, plus shift differential
- Work in a fast-pace, crisis oriented agency with a commitment to teamwork and wellness.
- Provide advocacy services and support to survivors of domestic violence.
- Aid in safety planning
- Answer crisis calls
- Be an effective communicator
- Desire to work with individuals and families who experience mental illness and/or substance abuse disorders
- Demonstrates basic computer skills
- Available for the midnight-8am Sunday & Monday shifts. Other hours may be available.
Must have high school diploma/GED. College level study or experience in social work, women’s studies,education, accounting or related field is desirable. Must have or be willing to acquire a CPR and First Aid Certificate.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to understand and communicate with people of different socioeconomic and cultural backgrounds.
- Thorough understanding of domestic violence, sexual assault and the needs of victims or the willingness to learn.
- Maintain confidentiality.
- Support AWARE’s Philosophy: A commitment to providing options and alternatives to survivors and families who experience domestic violence and sexual assault.
Email resume/cover letter to Kimberly Sumner at firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information call (907) 586-6623. AWARE is an EEO.
AWARE is looking for a part time chef to cook 5 dinner meals/week for our 32 bed emergency shelter. Our chef needs to be able to follow federal meal pattern guidelines, and prepare healthy meals that taste really, really good. Must have or be willing to acquire food handlers card. Our perfect candidate is creative, easy-going and knows how important good food is when you’re having a tough time. We are looking for ~3hrs/day, 5days a week. Preferred hours are 2-5pm, but can be flexible. Light cleaning (dishes, work surfaces) required. Starting 15.50/hr, DOE.
Email resume/cover letter to Mandy Cole at email@example.com or for more information call (907) 586-6623
BECOME A MEMBER OF AWARE’S SEXUAL ASSAULT RESPONSE TEAM (SART)
Be a (S)HERO for women in your community…
Did you know that 1 in 4 women will be victims of sexual assault in their lifetime? Do you want to help support these women at the hospital when they seek medial and/or legal assistance? Do you want to help hold their offenders accountable? Is so, becoming a part of AWARE’s on-call SART (Sexual Assault Response Team) program may be right for you! You can learn more about it what it takes to be a SART advocate by registering for AWARE’s 40-hour advocacy training, offered twice a year (please email firstname.lastname@example.org for most recent dates). Please contact Swarupa at email@example.com with questions regarding SART.
Thanks for helping to heal our fellow sisters on their journey towards healing and justice.
***If you are experiencing domestic or sexual violence, please contact AWARE for free and confidential services (907)586-1090.