AWARE currently has part-time job openings. If you are interested in applying for the positions below, please send a resume and letter of interest to the staff contacts listed:
This page was last updated 8/22/2018.
Salary: $15.50/hr. DOE, plus shift differential
- Work in a fast-pace, crisis oriented agency with a commitment to teamwork and wellness.
- Provide advocacy services and support to survivors of domestic violence.
- Aid in safety planning
- Answer crisis calls
- Be an effective communicator
- Desire to work with individuals and families who experience mental illness and/or substance abuse disorders
- Demonstrates basic computer skills
- Available for the midnight-8am Sunday & Monday shifts. Other hours may be available.
Must have high school diploma/GED. College level study or experience in social work, women’s studies,education, accounting or related field is desirable. Must have or be willing to acquire a CPR and First Aid Certificate.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to understand and communicate with people of different socioeconomic and cultural backgrounds.
- Thorough understanding of domestic violence, sexual assault and the needs of victims or the willingness to learn.
- Maintain confidentiality.
- Support AWARE’s Philosophy: A commitment to providing options and alternatives to survivors and families who experience domestic violence and sexual assault.
Email resume/cover letter to Kimberly Sumner at email@example.com. For more information call (907) 586-6623. AWARE is an EEO.
AWARE is looking for a part time chef to cook 5 dinner meals/week for our 32 bed emergency shelter. Our chef needs to be able to follow federal meal pattern guidelines, and prepare healthy meals that taste really, really good. Must have or be willing to acquire food handlers card. Our perfect candidate is creative, easy-going and knows how important good food is when you’re having a tough time. We are looking for ~3hrs/day, 5days a week. Preferred hours are 2-5pm, but can be flexible. Light cleaning (dishes, work surfaces) required. Starting 15.50/hr, DOE.
Email resume/cover letter to Mandy Cole at firstname.lastname@example.org or for more information call (907) 586-6623
BECOME A MEMBER OF AWARE’S SEXUAL ASSAULT RESPONSE TEAM (SART)
Be a (S)HERO for women in your community…
Did you know that 1 in 4 women will be victims of sexual assault in their lifetime? Do you want to help support these women at the hospital when they seek medial and/or legal assistance? Do you want to help hold their offenders accountable? Is so, becoming a part of AWARE’s on-call SART (Sexual Assault Response Team) program may be right for you! You can learn more about it what it takes to be a SART advocate by registering for AWARE’s 40-hour advocacy training, offered twice a year (please email email@example.com for most recent dates). Please contact Swarupa at firstname.lastname@example.org with questions regarding SART.
Thanks for helping to heal our fellow sisters on their journey towards healing and justice.
***If you are experiencing domestic or sexual violence, please contact AWARE for free and confidential services (907)586-1090.