If you are interested in applying for the positions below, please send a resume and letter of interest to the staff contacts listed:
This page was last updated 1/13/2020.
MEN AT WORK FACILITATORS
AWARE is hiring men who are able and willing to hold themselves accountable, to train as co-facilitators for our Men At Work classes and work with men who have used various forms of violence against women. If you support AWARE’s mission and values and would like to learn/educate men about hierarchical violence and how it manifests in all levels of our society, this job may be for you. Ability to advise re: place-based programming a plus!
These are part-time positions, 4 to 12 hrs/wk. To apply, please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com. For more information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call (907)586-6623 and ask for Ben. Open until filled.
AWARE is an EEO.
SALARY: $15.50/hr. DOE, plus shift differential
- Work in a fast-pace, crisis oriented agency with a commitment to teamwork and wellness.
- Provide advocacy services and support to survivors of domestic violence.
- Aid in safety planning
- Answer crisis calls
- Be an effective communicator
- Desire to work with individuals and families who experience mental illness and/or substance abuse disorders
- Demonstrates basic computer skills
Must have high school diploma/GED. College level study or experience in social work, women’s studies,education, accounting or related field is desirable. Must have or be willing to acquire a CPR and First Aid Certificate.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to understand and communicate with people of different socioeconomic and cultural backgrounds.
- Thorough understanding of domestic violence, sexual assault and the needs of victims or the willingness to learn.
- Maintain confidentiality.
- Support AWARE’s Philosophy: A commitment to providing options and alternatives to survivors and families who experience domestic violence and sexual assault.
Email resume/cover letter to Owen Hutchinson at email@example.com. For more information call (907) 586-6623. AWARE is an EEO.
BECOME A MEMBER OF AWARE’S SEXUAL ASSAULT RESPONSE TEAM (SART)
Be a (S)HERO for women in your community…
Did you know that 1 in 4 women will be victims of sexual assault in their lifetime? Do you want to help support these women at the hospital when they seek medial and/or legal assistance? Do you want to help hold their offenders accountable? Is so, becoming a part of AWARE’s on-call SART (Sexual Assault Response Team) program may be right for you! You can learn more about it what it takes to be a SART advocate by registering for AWARE’s 40-hour advocacy training, offered each year in the fall (please email firstname.lastname@example.org for dates). Please contact Swarupa at email@example.com with questions regarding SART.
Thanks for helping to heal our fellow sisters on their journey towards healing and justice.
***If you are experiencing domestic or sexual violence, please contact AWARE for free and confidential services (907)586-1090.