There are so many ways to work toward ending violence in our community.
Our volunteers help in many ways. You can:
- Provide childcare for infants and kids, ages 0 to 4 years
- Cook a meal for women and children in shelter
- Clean and organize in AWARE’s facility
- Assist with seasonal yard upkeep and gardening
- Take weekly recycling from shelter to recycling center
- Help with administrative projects or special events as needed
- Provide professional civil legal assistance during monthly Alaska Legal Services clinic
- Volunteer with Girls on the Run as a Coach, Running Buddy, SoleMate, or 5K Volunteer
- Volunteer with Boys Run: I Toow ú klatseen as a Coach
** Our biggest need is providing child care during our Tuesday groups from 5:30 – 8:00 p.m. We particularly need child care for infants and toddlers.
If you are experiencing domestic or sexual violence, please contact AWARE for free and confidential services (907)586-1090.