AWARE’s legal advocate is available to help women obtain a protective order, by providing women with the appropriate paperwork and accompanying women to protective order hearings. The legal advocate can also provide women with information about where to obtain child support/custody case paperwork.
AWARE advocates are not lawyers, but we may be able to help you obtain no or low cost legal services through ANDVSA’s Pro Bono Program.
For more information, please call 586-6623 and ask for the legal advocate, or read more about what a legal advocate is now.
Legal Advocacy Resources
Click on the links below or call the phone numbers listed for more information.
- Alaska Court System Family Law Self-Help Center
- Alaska Immigration Justice Project – Call 907-272-9431 or 1-800-478-9431
- Alaska Law Help
- Alaska Legal Services – Call 586-6425
- Free Legal Clinics at Alaska Legal Services
- Alaska Violent Crimes Compensation Board – Call 465-3040 or 1-800-764-3040
- ANDVSA Pro Bono Program and Legal Information and Referral Hotline
- Child Support Enforcement Division – Call 465-5887
- City and Borough of Juneau Attorney’s Office – Call 586-5241
- Disability Law Center of Alaska – Call 586-1627 or 1-800-478-1234
- Public Advocacy Office – Call 465-4173