AWARE currently has both full & part-time job openings. If you are interested in applying for any of the positions below, please send a resume and letter of interest to the staff contacts below:
This page was last updated 9/20/17
The current openings at AWARE are:
Responsibilities & Duties:
Under the guidance of the Prevention Director, support AWARE prevention programming.
Co-Facilitate the Juneau Violence Prevention Coalition (JVPC):
- Solicit participation from diverse aspects of the community and coordinate with other agencies and youth to participate in the JVPC, and in AWARE’s prevention programming.
- Coordinate and facilitate regularly scheduled (at least monthly) meetings of the JVPC,
- Collaborate with JVPC and community partners to ensure program sustainability across all initiatives.
- Work to promote gender and racial equity within all JVPC programs,
- Develop and build community capacity to implement effective prevention
Ensure a productive, high-functioning and diverse Prevention team:
- Help recruit, screen, hire, supervise, and evaluate Prevention positions,
- Help plan, facilitate and oversee prevention team meetings and retreats,
- Ensure prevention team members are adequately completing monthly reports, evaluation tasks and tracking,
- Help connect prevention programming across our pathways to ensure ALL activities are reinforcing key messages and are connected to one another,
Develop primary prevention strategies, which address the individual, relationship, community and societal levels as they contribute to the perpetration of domestic violence in our society.
Review and research prevention literature and youth surveys.
Participate in the performance of other tasks essential to program and household operation and maintenance, such as drafting quarterly reports, monthly reports.
Must pass AWARE background check.
Must have excellent written and oral communication skills.
College level study or experience in social work, gender studies, education, or related field is desirable.
Must have a thorough understanding of domestic violence, sexual assault and the needs of victims or the willingness to learn.
Salary & Hours:
40 hours per week, competitive salary and benefits.
Please send resume and cover letter to Ati Nasiah (Prevention & Outreach Director) at AWARE, Inc., PO Box 20809, Juneau, AK 99802, fax them to (907) 586-2479, or email them to firstname.lastname@example.org. Position closes October 4, 2017. Minorities encouraged to apply. EEO.
Relief Advocates at AWARE are responsible for maintaining the safety and security of AWARE’s residential facility, as well as answering the crisis line and working one-on-one with women and children who are experiencing domestic violence and sexual assault. Relief workers may work a regular, weekly shift or be on-call to cover staff absence and vacations. If you are interested in working with women and children, want a part-time schedule, and an be flexible about your hours, Relief work at AWARE could be a perfect fit! $15.00/hr DOE. Please email your resume and cover letter to Kimberly Sumner at email@example.com. Please call Kimberly at 907-586-6623 with questions. EEO.
BECOME A MEMBER OF AWARE’S SEXUAL ASSAULT RESPONSE TEAM (SART)
Be a (S)HERO for women in your community…
Did you know that 1 in 4 women will be victims of sexual assault in their lifetime? Do you want to help support these women at the hospital when they seek medial and/or legal assistance? Do you want to help hold their offenders accountable? Is so, becoming a part of AWARE’s on-call SART (Sexual Assault Response Team) program may be right for you! You can learn more about it what it takes to be a SART advocate by registering for AWARE’s 40-hour advocacy training, offered twice a year (please email firstname.lastname@example.org for most recent dates). Please contact Swarupa at email@example.com with questions regarding SART.
Thanks for helping to heal our fellow sisters on their journey towards healing and justice.