Congratulations to AWARE’s 2018 Women of Distinction Honorees (from left to right): Kolene James, Kueni Ma’aki, June Degnan, and Lauree Morton. Congratulations, ladies!! We hope to see everyone on Saturday, March 3, 2018 at Centennial Hall as we honor these women and their amazing accomplishments.
Tickets, Ads and Sponsor opportunities are now available! Click here to go to our event page
The objective of the Women of Distinction Event is to:
- Celebrate women of distinction in our community;
- Recognize women whose work (paid and/or volunteer) has benefited the lives of women and children in Juneau;
- Honor unsung heroes of the community, as well as those with publicly recognized achievement;
- Support and encourage community members and groups to recognize women of distinction within their organizations; and
- Raise funds to support AWARE’s work with victims of domestic violence and sexual assault.
- Demonstrated Commitment: Candidate has demonstrated a commitment to improving the quality of life for women and children in Juneau.
- Integrity, Dedication, Motivation: Candidate has demonstrated qualities of integrity, dedication, motivation and leadership in the community.
- Willingness to Share Skills & Knowledge: Candidate has demonstrated the willingness to share her skills and knowledge.
- Role Model: Candidate has demonstrated qualities of a role model.
- Supports Diversity: Candidate’s work has represented and/or supported diverse groups within our community.
For additional information, call Mandi Canady at AWARE or email her at WOD@awareak.org.
P.O. Box 20809
Juneau, AK 99802
(907) 586-6623 (business)
(907) 586-2479 (fax)
(907) 586-1090 (crisis)
1 (800) 478-1090 (toll free in AK)[/cs_text][/cs_column][/cs_row][/cs_section]